Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Taste of Gia

So, last night, I took Gianna on a walk.  We miraculously came across a mom and pop candy shop, The Sweet Shop, that I had forgotten about.  I just so happened to need a birthday gift for my wonderful secretary, Lanie.  Gianna and I went in, bought Lanie some chocolates and a homemade anise sucker, and we left with a cup of chocolate marshmallow ice cream for Gia.  She sat in the front of the stroller eating away and enjoying every minute of it.  I started hearing her repeating something, so I slowed down to listen.

"I thirsty.  I really, really thirsty."

Miss Gianna May was so deeply enthralled in her gooey, sticky, yummy treat that she just kept eating and announcing her need for a drink while her cup sat right in front of her.  I stopped, pried the ice cream out of her hand, she took a drink (and then the ice cream back), and on our way we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment