Thursday, February 24, 2011

Great-Grandpa

Happy-Go-Lucky, Contagious Smiler, Active, Outdoorsy, Brave, Loving, Courageous, Funny, Bird-Lover, Husband, Dad, Grandpa, and Great-Grandpa.  These all describe Walter May, my grandpa, and Gia's great-grandpa who began resting peacefully on February 23rd after a very long battle with lung cancer.
Grandpa was a goof.  He loved having fun with us grandkids and Gia, and I hear he was the same way with his five daughters.  Once, he saved my life on one of our crabbing trips in New Jersey, and he and I went tandem on a SkyCoaster when I was in college!  Ryan loved 'Walt' (everyone did), and we were so thankful that he and Grandma came to Key West for our wedding.  I have so many great memories.


I wish that Gia could have had more time with her Great-Grandpa, but I am so thankful for the time that they did have together.  I feel like he just lit up when they were together, and I know how much she enjoyed their teasing back and forth.  We love you, Gramps, and miss you dearly.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet, glad you captured some memories of them together on film.

    ReplyDelete