Monday, July 25, 2011

Up North

After a one year hiatus, Ryan and I were very happy to escape up north with Gia and family.  The weather wasn't super warm, so we spent quite a bit of time at the dam.  The sunnies were plentiful, and Cooper had great luck with them.




I had a sun fish hooked, and a musky came up and grabbed her!  We even took pictures of her battle wounds as evidence, but no pictures were necessary.  The little bass I hooked next was victim; that musky came back fighting!  I don't know how, but my pan fish hook set right in the musky's lip, and my cheapo pole and line held their own...


I was shocked.

The kids played non-stop. I love seeing them together, running around and having fun. Gia, Brecken, and Uba played ring-around-the-rosie until Uba was too dizzy to continue.


At the cottage, everything was peaceful, as always.  Ryan and Dave spotted a bald eagle on the pier.

Until next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment